Church of St. Jacob
Although lacking precise data about its development and original form, it is considered the oldest church in town (9th century). It stands in the oldest part of Vodnjan, in Stari grad (Old Town). The Church of St. Jacob or Delle Trisiere (this is a folk abbreviation for the Holy Trinity - Santissima Trinità) is an aisleless edifice without an apse, of simple facade without any decorative elements.
At the beginning of the 13th century it became the parish church and as such was the site of public functions as well: one of the most important events in the history of Vodnjan – the passing of the Statute - took place here in 1492. After Vodnjan had gained independence at the beginning of the 13th century, a peace treaty was signed here with the Municipality of Pula in 1393.