At the end of the village stands the Church of St. Stephen. It is equally interesting for its historical-artistic value as it is for the changes it underwent in more recent history. The church was probably built between the 7th and 11th centuries. When Peroj was settled by the Montenegrins in 1657, the church had already been dilapidated. The Church of St. Spyridon was consecrated in 1834, while the Church of St. Stephen was nationalized by the Austrians who subsequently sold it.
The church became a facility, divided lengthwise into three parts each belonging to a different owner. Until 2000, when the Town of Vodnjan became its new owner, it served as a stable and hay storage. The church was originally an extremely longitudinal aisleless edifice with three square apses at the eastern end.
Restoration on the church was carried out from 2008 to 2013 when the church officially reopened as a cultural monument. The church yielded many paintings, frescoes, reliefs and an ancient tomb transversely placed in front of the door that led from the bell tower into the church.