The large, triple-nave basilica was discovered in 1935 during the process of road construction. The building is a triple-nave basilica of medium size (20 x 10.7 m), the biggest construction of that period in Istria, with three apse built into the plane back wall. The fragments of the liturgical furnishings found during the research mostly date to the Carolingian period, when the basilica itself was also constructed (at the end of the 8th, or at the beginning of the 9th century). The bell tower, added to the southern side of the building, is probably from the Romanesque period. There were also a number of remnants of liturgical furniture found at this location, including pylons, latticework with wicker decorations, preserved liturgical installations and a tomb – reliquary.